There is always some food left after a meal. Isn’t it? Where does the left-over food go? It mostly wastes away or it becomes stale and it is no longer edible. So, it is a better approach to freeze the leftover food covering it with a plastic wrap.
The plastic wraps were previously made from PVC. Nowadays the PVC has been replaced with “low-density polyethylene”. The low-density polyethylene is considered to be safe for health and your body. We have listed the best plastic wraps that can be used for freezing food.
Here the top 5 best plastic wraps:
Best Plastic Wrap for Freezing
1. Glad Cling Plastic Wrap, 400 ft. roll
- The glad cling plastic wrap is a roll of 400 sq ft
- This roll can be tightly fixed at one place in a container.
- It is easy to handle so it is easy to wrap things with it.
- It is microwave safe. You can heat food in the microwave with the plastic wrap on.
- The wrap keeps your food fresh for a long period of time.
2. DecoBros Wall Door Mount Kitchen Wrap
You should also take a look at this storing rack for the plastic wraps and other items.
The DecoBros Wall Door Mount Kitchen Wrap Organizer Rack is an organizer rack for the paper roll, food wrap, and foil. You can mount this rack on the wall of your kitchen to save space.
3. Crinklee Clear Caramel, Candy, and Chocolate Wrappers
- The Crinklee clear caramel is a candy and chocolate wrap.
- The wrap is made from real cellophane which comes from strong trees. Hence it is reliable and is of good quality.
- The cellophane helps the wraps to form a perfect seal and gives your items a longer shelf life. It is resistant to oil and grease. So even you put in the stickiest candies, they will not stick.
- This plastic wrap is biodegradable.
- The plastic of this wrap is not cheap like most of the other wraps’ plastic is.
- The Crinklee plastic wrap firmly holds your food items.
- The wrap can be twisted and stored in a comparatively smaller space.
- This plastic wrap is easier to use than other wraps. It is easily twisted and holds the food items better than any other wrap, wax paper squares or foil.
- If you are not satisfied with this product, you can return the plastic wrap and you will get your money back.
- These plastic wraps are approved by FDA and are environment-friendly.
- The wrap contains 1000 wrappers; each wrapper is 5-inch square.
- You can just place your food in the center of a plastic wrap and wrap it up. Now twist the ends and you will get a perfect seal.
- The wraps are non-toxic so they are safe to use with food.
- The cellophane is just a bit expensive as compared to other plastic wraps but you will surely love its superior performance.
- You will know its worth when you use it and you will not mind the slightly high price.
4. Wegreeco Reusable Snack Bags
- The Wegreeco snack plastic bags are non-toxic, phthalate-free, lead-free, BPA free and PVC free.
- There are no heavy metals and the plastic bag is food safe fabric.
- The plastic bags have a smooth lead-free zipper which closes the bag.
- These plastic bags are ideal to store food items like sandwiches, sliced fruits or any other sticky food.
- The plastic bag can also hold dry snacks.
- The Wegreeco Cloth Snack Bag with double layers fabric construction provides no leak design and more air tight. All of the bags are precise stitching and quality interior & exterior fabric makes these bags durable.
- The best feature of this plastic bag is that it is reusable.
- The bag is a set of 3 plastic bags of different sizes.
- Small size plastic bag has dimensions; 7.0 inches X 4.2 inch
- Medium size plastic bag has dimensions: 7.7inches X 5.5 inches
- And the Large size plastic bag has dimensions: 8.0 inches X 8.5 inches.
- The bags can be washed in the washing machine.
5. Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil
- The Reynolds aluminum wrap is a 2-pack plastic wrap which included two boxes; each bag is 70-sq ft
- Use this plastic wrap to keep your food fresh and save your food from freezer burn.
- You can cover your bowls with this wrap and it will keep your food soft, tender and moist.
- The wraps come with instructions on each box which tells you how to use them.
Plastic Wraps for Freezing- Buyer’s Guide
Buy any one of these plastic wraps or plastic bag and store your food/lunch. These are good quality wraps and you would surely want to buy one of these.
Yes, the plastic wraps are one of the smart ways of saving your food so that you can eat it later on. You do not have to worry about the safety or hygiene of the wraps. These wraps are totally harmless and can serve you in several ways. Saving food and keeping it fresh is one use of these wraps. You can wrap any food item in these plastic wraps.
For example, if you want to store salad for a few hours, wrap it up in a plastic wrap and put the salad bowl in the fridge. The vegetables will stay fresh. The wrap is transparent which makes it easy for you to have a good look at your food.
When you wrap food in a plastic wrap, it does not allow the odor of the fridge to enter. The taste and freshness of the food are maintained. Want to wrap the sandwich or any other food item that you made yourself for lunch break at work?
You do not need a separate container for it. The container will take up much space and you will have to carry it with you. The plastic wrap will solve your problem. Wrap your lunch in a plastic wrap and place it in your bag. There is no need of a box for it.
One more benefit of the plastic wrap is that you can dump it after you have eaten your lunch, unlike the food container.
Image credits via Flicker Creative Commons: suencs2